Sunday, February 14, 2010

Busy Times

I thought I'd start a blog so that our friends and family who are far away (and anyone other friends and family that would like to read) can know what's going on in our lives.

About a month ago, Isaac started taking a few steps steps on his own. He's been walking along the furniture since about 7 months, but he started taking steps unsupported. Then, this past week, Isaac started walking on his own across much longer distances, and even standing up by himself in the middle of the floor and walking over to us on the couch. He is so proud of himself and gets big smiles when we clap and cheer. Grandma Harmon is coming in 4 weeks and she'll probably have to be chasing Isaac around by then!

At the same time, last week, he started babbling. He spent all day on Saturday babbling away, sometimes very loudly. He's been more focused on moving around than on "talking" and it's exciting to finally hear him really belting it out. He learned about his tongue recently, too, and has been sticking it out a lot. Sometimes he even sticks his tongue out to taste food before he'll open his mouth up!

Michael and I have also been experiencing some firsts as we've been looking to buy our first home. I've been going out quite a lot, with Isaac, to look at houses and see which ones we think Michael should see. It's exhausting, and sometimes disheartening, but Isaac has really enjoyed seeing all the new places. I carry him in a child-harness and he just takes in all the sights. He really likes our real estate agent too and squeals every time she looks at him.

We're going to make our first offer on a house tomorrow and we aren't sure what to expect from this leg of the process. I'm sure we'll have more frustrations and more anxiety before we finally close on something. But, it's a great new step in our lives, even if it is a little scary.

We really miss our family, but we have made some great friends here in MS. I'm very surprised because I don't make friends easily. Perhaps I was motivated by necessity to be more open to new people. Joining a mom's group also helped!

Hopefully I'll be able to post soon about a new house, but if not, I'm sure Isaac will give us some great new things to post about!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful honey!!! I will be looking forward to hearing more!!
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete